show your CAGES!!
Previous |
Page: of 4
show your CAGES!!
Pictures
Dec 22 2014
01:40:09 AM
eclipseSA Joey 22 Posts
I spoke to the breeder yesterday and he makes sugarglider cages in any style or size you want. He makes wood or metal cages. I priced them and they are affordable - 200USD. I would really like to go with the wood so that it blends in with my apartment. I am aware that SG's chew and wood is harder to keep clean - is there anyone here who has a wooden cage?
Pictures
Dec 22 2014
05:45:27 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
Here are some photos of current accessories and how they're set up, things change often in there, sometimes little changes, other times big ones.

This is the upper, left (facing) side portion, it includes: The corner shelf, used for serving HPW and a bowl of f/v combo (used to serve their portions in two bowls up there, but Ollie gets fussy at the girls now), currently they have a tunnel and monkeys hanging from a chain, they love pulling these down. A swinging, climbing toy (large baby links), a hanging diner under the shelf (a second level f/v bowl), above center you can see part of the square hammock for there R&R pleasure, a strawberry gives them a little something to explore.

Looking forward and a little farther down you can see part of some other toys and accessories.

Lower back corner of same side (left facing), they have a tree house (sits on a plate now) and you can see portions of the braided fleece ladder (used as bridge) it has a few palm trees sticking out for them to pull out. You can see part of the wheel and toy bin there are on the floor as well.

Moving over to the right side of the floor, there is their third diner (f/v bowl)in the back corner and part of their large fake branch (in vertical position) holding cups for foraging.

Up to the top right side, is a hanging pineapple toy, I put pom poms in those types and they like to pull them out and toss about the cage, a wood perch sits in front of that, and a little lower down you can see their second wheel, this time it's the travel sized wheel, for something a little different. You can see their sleeping pouch that hangs in the very front of the right side, but the square hammock at the top can be seen better in this picture. They sleep in the pouch during the daytime. Also the water silo is at the top right side in front, you can't see in photo.

An extra shot, I didn't get one including the water silo, but it hangs in corner above their pouch.

Pictures
Dec 22 2014
07:48:58 PM
DobbieandDelilah Joey Visit DobbieandDelilah's Photo Album 33 Posts
so this is Dobbie and Delilah's Christmas cage for this year. not.spoiled.at.all.

Pictures
Dec 22 2014
08:22:03 PM
Awe, I wanted to do a Christmas cage, ever since I've had suggies. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get a set together as of yet. I'm hoping to learn how to sew on my machine this coming year and learn how to make cage items, then I can make my own, if not I'll order from someone in time hopefully. I did make a Christmas toy last year, but that's in a box in storage atm, and I haven't really had time to go look for it.

I do like your glider's Christmas cage!
Pictures
Dec 23 2014
10:38:11 AM
denparkin Glider Visit denparkin's Photo Album ON, CA 154 Posts
I think I'm one of the few who actually like the Critter Nation cages. I like that the doors open all the way and I find it makes scrubbing the bars much easier. A lot of people think you have to have the shelf in the middle, but you don't! You can also add another 2 ft level to the cage, which I may do in the future. I'm still building up and collecting things to keep my gliders occupied, but here is the start.

Edited by - denparkin on Dec 23 2014 10:40:22 AM
Pictures
Dec 23 2014
11:09:13 AM
quote:
Originally posted by denparkin

I think I'm one of the few who actually like the Critter Nation cages. I like that the doors open all the way and I find it makes scrubbing the bars much easier. A lot of people think you have to have the shelf in the middle, but you don't! You can also add another 2 ft level to the cage, which I may do in the future. I'm still building up and collecting things to keep my gliders occupied, but here is the start.

I've seen Critter Nation cages, but not too many. They are nice looking and I've read they are good quality cages as well as HQ. I would have liked to have seen photos of more in use, those large doors are a big plus! The reason I personally stuck with the HQ cages was the vertical bars, I use silos which work better in vertical bars, the can be rigged I'm sure to use with the horizontal, I'm sure, but the other is just easier; and I'm still confused on the drop pan on Critter Nation. If it weren't for those two preferences, I maybe would have gone that route.

Can you please post more photos of your cage, I'd love to see more of them in use, and believe it would be a good example to have to show members.
Pictures
Dec 24 2014
02:55:42 AM
Specter Curmudgeon Joey Visit Specter Curmudgeon's Photo Album QLD, AU 12 Posts
I just got the Madagascar cage for the wonderful little boy I was lucky enough to have rehomed with me. I honestly thought it would be too small for more tan one and sometimes I feel like it still is. He had a wheel in his little cage from pocket pal (guessing because of what he came with and the fact was sold as a solo to a pregnant woman who 'wanted something to cuddle' till she had her baby...) After reading the horrors of those cages and the damage they could do to the babies glad I got a cage now and did not wait till It was easier on my wallet. My big concern is he used to play on his wheel pretty non stop even though it was a old school flimsy thing It was the only thing he could enjoy but since moving into his new cage he tried out the flying saucer floor wheel and he barely even looks hard at it. I guess I need to try a higher end wheel that can attach to the side of the cage but it makes me sad that now he has to wait to get his favorite thing. I had tried hooking his old wheel in the new cage even though it was not the safest and would only have it in when I could watch him but he was no longer interested in his favorite toy. I feel bad that he is not getting the same amount of exercise
Pictures
Mar 04 2016
05:58:32 PM
Sweepea Joey Visit Sweepea's Photo Album 42 Posts
Been looking for one of these threads I started one as well I love seeing everyone's cage set ups.

Pictures
Mar 08 2016
06:26:28 PM
Nice cage Sweetpea! I bet your babies do not get bored with all the activities to choose from.
Pictures
Mar 08 2016
06:52:29 PM
Sweepea Joey Visit Sweepea's Photo Album 42 Posts
Thank you T Jones!!
Pictures
Jul 29 2016
12:55:02 PM
iammommadukes Starting Member Visit iammommadukes's Photo Album 1 Posts
Pictures
Jul 29 2016
06:38:56 PM
It is interesting how you made that cage partial up top and have the other cage below. Are you planning on introductions and expanding your home-made cage size?
Pictures
Jul 29 2016
08:46:19 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by TJones09

It is interesting how you made that cage partial up top and have the other cage below. Are you planning on introductions and expanding your home-made cage size?

It looks under close inspection, that there is a tube in the center connecting the two cages together, unless that is an opticaldelusion.
Pictures
Jan 13 2017
11:20:44 AM
Shani Starting Member Visit Shani's Photo Album 5 Posts
this is my cage. It's a bird cage. It came with my gliders. The pepole are the store say that it's good but I know it's not a glider cage. Is this really bad? Please be nicertain. I'm not to owning sugar gliders so I want to know if I need a new cage asap? I've been looking to buy the Madagascar cage at some point.
Pictures
Jan 14 2017
10:42:25 AM
The size looks okay from what I can tell for a pair of gliders and the bar spacing looks okay as well. My thoughts are this cage would be fine to use, but it wouldn't hurt to set up a "new cage fund" to be able to purchase a more sturdy and easier to access cage in the future. This cage could last a while, but it wouldn't hurt to be ready to upgrade when the time comes that you need to.

Your set up looks good! I'm guessing the wheel is one of the newer axle-free wheels made by Silent Runner (?). I do recommend removing the rope toy though, fraying ropes can tangle on glider's nails. I'm sure your gliders are enjoying their space!
Pictures
Dec 30 2020
09:56:50 AM
ecrawford10 Starting Member 1 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Nicole87

http://www.martinscages.com/products/cages/sugar/

It's the one all the way at the bottom

The Majestic Sugar Glider Cage (LSG-580)

30" x 30" x 60"
Upper and lower balconies
Front and side doors
2½" plastic pan
$263...but it's HUGE. My gliders love it.

Pictures
Nov 20 2022
05:06:03 PM
awharper Starting Member 1 Posts
Please tell me how you keep your cages from rotting or rusting due to their urine?
show your CAGES!!
Previous |
Page: of 4

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
show your CAGES!!