Sugar Gliders
A medical discussion for new owners regarding male gliders
Next |
Page: of 7
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 03 2003
11:10:13 AM
The male sugar glider has a bifurcated genitalia. It consists of two shafts and is forked at the end like a snake tongue. The genitalia is long and pink, and looks similar to a long worm. If you see this, which you eventually will, Please do not cut it off; your sugar is healthy and normal.

See Also:
Photos of a sugar glider genitalia

Addendum:
Click here for more techinical information about the male glider's genitalia.

Default, miscellaneous
Jun 03 2003
11:34:42 AM
JenJen Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit JenJen's Photo Album USA 1259 Posts
sorry to say this, but that made my day...'please do not cut it off'
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 03 2003
12:39:11 PM
Tara Face Hugger Visit Tara's Photo Album USA 728 Posts
Did I MISS something???
~Tara
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 03 2003
02:36:02 PM
Mommybop777 Super Glider USA 340 Posts
What now who wants to do a crazy thing like that? I think I missed something.
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 03 2003
02:45:39 PM
BoogerBear Joey USA 10 Posts
I agree with eric ive heard of people who try to pull them off with tweezers....AHHH
Brooke lilo & Ohana
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 03 2003
02:59:26 PM
nikki Face Hugger USA 677 Posts
I can promise, I will not even think about it!
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 03 2003
06:28:05 PM
chewtoy Glider USA 120 Posts
I, being male myself, would never do something like that
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 03 2003
10:12:51 PM
sugargliderbaby Face Hugger Visit sugargliderbaby's Photo Album Canada 611 Posts
Did I miss something. Or is just a randome(i don't think i spelled that right) post. I'm confused. But than again i'm always confused. But ya back to the topic. I know my sister went into my room and say it and she called me and said "i think Gizmo has a worm on him."

Beth-Ann & Gizmo & Sk8er
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 04 2003
05:11:06 PM
Eric C Retired GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Eric C's Photo Album Eric C's Journal TX, USA 2322 Posts
Its just a public service announcement.
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 04 2003
05:22:08 PM
sugargliderbaby Face Hugger Visit sugargliderbaby's Photo Album Canada 611 Posts
Ok thanx Eric.

Beth-Ann & Gizmo & Sk8er
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 04 2003
05:23:41 PM
glider gal Glider USA 65 Posts
I think it's a necessary post that Eric made. I know when I first saw Rocky's I had to take a double look just to make sure it was what I thought it was. As it turns out it was not a worm.
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 04 2003
05:35:22 PM
Oh ya for sure. Expecially for new glider owners.

Beth-Ann & Gizmo & Sk8er
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 05 2003
06:27:28 PM
alachetti Glider USA 63 Posts
Thanks Eric. I just saw Jacks for the 1st time yesterday and It was a little wierd. I wasn't sure what it was at 1st and then I remembered your post.
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 05 2003
09:31:01 PM
Eos Starting Member 2 Posts
I am embarrassed to say that when I first saw Id's, I thought his intestines were prolapsed and I took him to the vet to have it checked out. The vet had a good laugh at my expense.

Tiffany
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 11 2003
06:28:19 PM
fairieprincess Glider 58 Posts
Good post, gave me a good laugh. I don't know about anyone else's males, but Maliika has his out ALOT. I'm always seeing it, and it does look a bit strange. You should have seen the look on my mom's face when she saw it and I told her what it was. She was like " but there's two!!!" it just made me laugh
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 14 2003
10:40:27 PM
jaimejones Starting Member USA 7 Posts
i'll have to admit, the whole reason i logged onto this site and then joined was because i saw my babys for the first time. i at first thought it was just a long poop..but nope! think this means they were gettin busy in their pouch?
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 16 2003
04:07:51 PM
bingman9517 Joey USA 44 Posts
I was wonderin if there are types of birth control for gliders besides cuttin off there pompoms. Maybe together we can invent a glider condom?
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 19 2003
03:46:16 PM
fairieprincess Glider 58 Posts
ok, so if we "invent" a glider condom, are you really going to want to put it on your little guy EVERY time he's in the mood?
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 22 2003
10:23:02 PM
1200p Joey USA 13 Posts
Gee I'm new and this is the first post I read. Thanks for sharing! Kathy
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 23 2003
04:44:09 PM
sugarglidermomma Glider USA 51 Posts
I am so glad this topic is discussed! When I first saw my Tigger's "private", I didn't know what to think! Watching a male clean himself can be quite traumatic for a first time male glider owner. But I think Tigger keeps this to himself now and only does it in his pouch because it has been quite some time since I have seen it. Glad Eric made mention about not cutting it off, although it scares me to think that someone might want to do that to a poor glider!
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 29 2003
01:44:54 AM
SKABABY23 Glider USA 51 Posts
when my glider got sick and died, first he deficated on himslef, then the worm came out of him it looked like thread, poor guy.
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 05 2003
07:40:51 PM
wphsblonde Glider Visit wphsblonde's Photo Album USA 137 Posts
that's gross!!!!!!!!!!
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 05 2003
07:46:42 PM
wphsblonde Glider Visit wphsblonde's Photo Album USA 137 Posts
but sad!
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 28 2003
07:01:52 PM
bobbypyn Super Glider USA 270 Posts
Well, I for one am glad that this was addressed. It wigged me out the first time I saw it because he was in the middle of cleaning it (looked like he was flossing his teeth with it!!!) & I thought he had split it in two with his teeth! I have also heard of a woman taking her male to a vet to have it put back in!! And the ignorant vet SEWED UP his cloaca!!!! my stomach turns just thinking about that poor little guy...........
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 30 2003
02:40:01 PM
unraveledrecords Starting Member USA 7 Posts
THE HE/SHE???

Oh man! I have had my "Peanut" for almost 7 months. It was given to me as a gift from my sister (had a breeding pair). When she gave it to me she told me it was a girl. So one day I looked in "her" pouch (around my neck) and I saw this long, pink, forked thing coming out of her. I thought she had a prolapsed rectum or something. So I paniced and called 50 million vets, but no one would see exotic pets in the area. I thought my poor peanut was going to die. Because of this post, I feel much much better about all of this! Man, all of this time 'she' was a 'he'. Thanks for the heads up!
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 04 2003
10:22:06 AM
SuGaR gLiDer00 Joey USA 45 Posts
I think this post is good for new Sugar Glider owners (thats me). I wouldnt want to cut it off though.......
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 04 2003
08:29:42 PM
jaspersmom Glider Visit jaspersmom's Photo Album USA 90 Posts
I have never seen jaspers but he does have somthing fuzzy that somtimes hangs out. It is not pink or thin like you would think. Is this normal?
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 06 2003
11:44:26 PM
bobbypyn Super Glider USA 270 Posts
Are you talkin about his scrotum?
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 17 2003
05:24:40 PM
Lauren.B Glider USA 86 Posts
ouch! i bet that hurts!!poor little guys!
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 24 2003
06:26:18 AM
Lynne Coleman Joey Visit Lynne Coleman's Photo Album USA 27 Posts
You just made my morning! I got my new baby yesterday (OK-he's not a baby really-5 months oop) and I've been up since about 4 watching him jump around. When he was cuddled up in the crook of my arm last night (obviously he's a BIG "Law and Order" fan like me...lol) he started grooming. JEEZ!! I had to laugh when he started his "personal hygeine"!! I called my husband who looked kinda jealous! Anyway, I figured out what it was, and no, I won't cut it off! Now I have to clean the coffee off the computer screen! Thanks!
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 15 2003
09:35:13 AM
Soccer_Glider09 Joey USA 36 Posts
Me, myself being a male would never do that to any other male glider... that would not be cool. I am glad i read this topic though because i plan on getting a male glider soon to go with my female and I will now know that it isn't a worm...lol!
Next |
Page: of 7

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders