SCAMS ABOUND
Previous | Next |
Page: of 5
SCAMS ABOUND
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 11 2012
06:19:14 PM
StellaAnLuna Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit StellaAnLuna's Photo Album 1063 Posts
kyro, mailie also told me in chat that she didnt know how they got her info. I told her it was a scam and linked her to this thread.

~Erica~
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 11 2012
08:04:40 PM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
They can easily get on glider sites like this, click your profile and email. Facebook too.
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 11 2012
08:28:00 PM
Willows Tree Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Willows Tree's Photo Album USA 1294 Posts
That one had most of the "red flags" we've been warned about..shame!
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 13 2012
09:49:53 AM
Mailie Joey Visit Mailie's Photo Album USA 19 Posts
They actually e-mailed me back asking if I wanted one or both gliders. geeze.
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 13 2012
04:08:09 PM
StellaAnLuna Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit StellaAnLuna's Photo Album 1063 Posts
I would just stop responding to them. I would not even read the email I would just hit the delete button.

~Erica~
Information
Apr 25 2012
11:15:23 AM
Ee Glider Visit Ee's Photo Album AL, USA 50 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by BookGoddes

sob story....

I was asking for photos from someone craigslist who was offering gliders and a large cages. She kept putting me off, and kept giving me stories about losing her job, a sick husband, losing her house and when it came the day to pick them up she told me they died in the cold over night.... OMG.

I totally understand this and agree. However, just recently my camera went missing and I'm left with having to explain to somemeone I'm possibly selling something to why I can't provide picutres. Now I'm worried she'll think I'm scamming her.
Information
Apr 29 2012
12:15:39 AM
trob3 Starting Member 2 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by jkr2116

When looking for a second glider, I had inquired to several folks listing gliders for sale. I received the same email from two different email addresses listing the same exact information, "from Cameroon, glider is 12 weeks and 4 days old, etc.." Not too clever on their part!!

Hello, could you tell me what the email is for this Cameroon person? Im a newbie to this, and I've noticed she was too quick to jump the gun to sell them to me. I have a vast knowledge of gliders to say the least- but she didn't seem right, So basically i've been keeping up communications with this individual and I Haven't given her any information period. I Just keep on asking questions and throwing in little accronyms that she should know, I've also contacted foreign authorities of the situation.
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 29 2012
12:19:52 AM
kazko Little Bunny FooFoo GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kazko's Photo Album kazko's Journal TX, USA 6747 Posts
The authorities dont care and are also powerless. But you can choose to realize that doing business with someone from Cameroon is pretty darn near the dumbest idea one can have.
Information
May 10 2012
03:12:59 PM
ResaJane Face Hugger Visit ResaJane's Photo Album 411 Posts
Karensink:

Oh MY GOSH! I soooo wish I had found this site BEFORE I got scammed last weekend by that VERY PERSON with the EXACT SAME EMAIL! Her email is kim.jaimee@yahoo.com and I fell for it hook, line, and sinker. I am "new" to gliders as far as the colors, color pricing, etc. I rescured two gliders back in 1998 and they died of old age a few years later just before I moved to CA in 2004.

I am out 650.00 plus the gas to drive to Las Vegas, NA (160.00 in my truck), an over night stay at a hotel (100.00) and the fees so a total of 950.00 total. It's upsetting to say the least and it will never happen again. It started with the transport company she "used" : Starwood Pet Delivery/Transport out of Delaware.

Lesson Learned AND I want to know what I can do to report her/him/whoever. I want to lay the law down hard. All I was trying to do was give a glider a good home. Grrr...

Resa
Information
May 10 2012
05:05:08 PM
ovdarkness Starting Member 2 Posts
Me and My Roommate came across this scam as well.
We were looking for our first pair of gliders after a couple months of talking about and researching.
We caught on to the scam early but strung them along a few days digging and digging into information and keeping records of emails and phone numbers. I have been in contact with the actual transportation company they claim to use as well.
Anyone who fell victim to this I am so sorry !! But would advise contacting your local Attorney General, the Local Police who will help you get in contact with the federal counterparts to report this too such as Secrete Service and FBI. Sadly you probably will not get any return on your money, but maybe if enough people report this with all the information they can the scammers will be dealt with.
To those who havent yet please watch out for the following contact info ...
kim.jaimee@yahoo.com
Kathee Thomas
Garland Michaud
David Cooper
Pamela Kelly Sawyer
watch specifically for this phone number as well 876-364-6584
if any of that information becomes part of your contact report them emediately.
Information
May 10 2012
05:27:20 PM
ResaJane Face Hugger Visit ResaJane's Photo Album 411 Posts
Oh wow!
The contacts that came up when I was scammed were Kathee and Pamela and when I refused to send them more money (after I'd already sent some for the gliders the transportation service tried to extort more out of me).

THEN THIS Monday after swearing them off and telling them to kick rocks I got a CALL from David Cooper (of course I didn't know he was linked to this until just now) who said they had two standard greys for 200 each. He said send the money western union and to not give him the 10 digit mtcn until I had the gliders (as proof he wasn't scamming). I told him I didn't feel comfortable with that and asked if he could send pics of him with the gliders to my phone or email and he couldn't so I said I'd pass. I also told him I was looking for light colored so the standard grey wasn't what I wanted. He asked me if his FLORIDA could contact me once they located a light colored joey!!!!

I should call the police...my best friend, Brad, is with Darien Sherrif's deparment in GA which is the state where Pamela was and where they wanted me to send the money.....he could drive up to Covington, GA. And to think, Brad was just hired on to Florida Highway Patrol lol...maybe he can help take the jerks down?
Default, miscellaneous
May 10 2012
05:28:35 PM
GliderMommy Super Glider Visit GliderMommy's Photo Album 302 Posts
Looks like she added another ad yesterday: Under the contact name Kelly.
www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=20336972&cat=114&s_cid=rss-classifieds-114

The phone number listed on that ad is Home 202-241-9251 (claiming to be in Salt Lake City, UT) but reverses back to a VoIP in Washington DC METRO (includes MD and VA suburbs). FTR, the number mentioned in the above post 876-364-6584 goes to a VoIP in Jamaica. I wish there was more that could be done to prevent this woman from scamming people.
Default, miscellaneous
May 10 2012
05:31:57 PM
GliderMommy Super Glider Visit GliderMommy's Photo Album 302 Posts
As for sending a Western Union... they do not have to be anywhere near the location you list. They only have to know what city/state you listed. If you wrote down Tampa, FL and they knew to put that as the receiving city, they can pick it up in Beverly Hills if they wanted to.
Information
May 10 2012
05:41:12 PM
ovdarkness Starting Member 2 Posts
Looked at my list of recent phone calls and came across two more phone numbers ...
209-479-7018 California number
585-633-2330 New York number

best thing any of us can do is continue to report anything we can to everyone we can, authorities, websites etc, eventually if enough people are made aware of this there will be no one to fall victim.
Information
Jun 15 2012
02:11:46 AM
Draoi81 Joey USA 16 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by GliderMommy

Looks like she added another ad yesterday: Under the contact name Kelly.
www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=20336972&cat=114&s_cid=rss-classifieds-114

The phone number listed on that ad is Home 202-241-9251 (claiming to be in Salt Lake City, UT) but reverses back to a VoIP in Washington DC METRO (includes MD and VA suburbs). FTR, the number mentioned in the above post 876-364-6584 goes to a VoIP in Jamaica. I wish there was more that could be done to prevent this woman from scamming people.

I'm not sure if anyone, including yourself, reported this ad as fraudulent but, I did. The ad has been taken down at this point.
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 20 2012
09:29:21 PM
Lauraann86 Joey Visit Lauraann86's Photo Album 40 Posts
THe guys out of camroon screwed me over, I lost $450, and the cops were honest and told me they rarely chatch these kinds of scammers.
Information
Jun 25 2012
04:54:19 AM
Ladyjag88 Joey Visit Ladyjag88's Photo Album 45 Posts
I just got done emailing a scammer. I knew it was a scam when he said that his gliders were on their second of three rounds of shots and they had already been micro chipped for me. He then said that he needed me to send him $700 for four sugar gliders by western union because it is the quickest way for him to add my name to the sugar glider ownership papers that will accompany the gliders. Oh....get this...he said he developed a new coloring and that he had four "tiger" gliders. They have tiger stripes and their family came from overseas.
Does this crap actually work? Do people really fall for this stuff? I was doubled over laughing so hard.
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 25 2012
09:05:00 AM
Summernicole Super Glider Visit Summernicole's Photo Album OK, USA 251 Posts
uslardien@yahoo tried to scam us on "Rose & Dian" but after a few emails, we caught on, thank God. I laughed so hard reading the story they gave someone else on this thread after the one they gave us. I wish I'd seen this before we emailed them at all, but I'm glad we didn't fall into it.
Information
Jun 25 2012
09:45:39 AM
JRMMJONES Face Hugger GliderMap Visit JRMMJONES's Photo Album USA 405 Posts
http://www.classifiedads.com/other_pets-ad13393557.htm

She's on several sites. I have found 3 so far, from different dates. All same info. HORRIBLE person.
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 05 2012
01:04:15 AM
tiffsuggie Glider Visit tiffsuggie's Photo Album 84 Posts
dont buy from out of country! if you do make sure you use a safe payment meathod, they give you there info, and you talked to other buyers from them. do not but from the person if they say to pay western union, walmart money gram,ect. if you use these and dont recieve your objects or animal you cant get your moneys back. if your emailing the person detect if they are trying to get the money quick, not giving alot of info, or making excuses why you cant do pickup. try to study and look at glider pricing depending on color variations and age or package deal. leucistics would cost wayyy more then standards so dont fall for a standard being sold 150 then a leucistic only 250 if bought as a pair!! LIESS! i have experienced people like these and still searching for my fuzzies!
hope this helps
IF ITS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.. IT IS!

-Tiffany:))
News
Jul 05 2012
01:11:52 AM
quote:
Originally posted by melindakay

In working with Primate breeders in the past I can tell you if you hear the word Cameroon it's 99.9% a scam! It's funny that most of them that communicate with you call themselves preists. They will tell you they will ship right to your front door. Never ever send money by money gram or Western Union which most of these scammers will ask you to do. If they are offering a high dollar glider for very little turn and run...if it's too good to be true it usually is!

this is exacty what i was going to say! it happend to me! they both wanted these type of payments where you cant get your money back if you dont recieve your suggies. the price was 400 for a leu and standard with cage and everything. which included shipping right to your doorstep, all the way from the carolinas!

one word... RIP OFFF!
Information
Jul 05 2012
01:17:38 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Just Jen

There is a woman on Glider Exchange that is scamming. Her name is Pamela Roxy. Her post says she is in Virgina, but after talking with her, through emails, for the past few days, it turns out that she is in Nevada. Here is a c/p of her last email to me.

"hello thanks for your mail. you will have to provide me with your details; home address including zip code, phone number and Full names, this will be use for the change of ownership documents and registration of the babies to your home address. transportation of both gliders will cost the sum of $150, all payments will be done directly to delivery agency before delivery is done, waiting your mail to start with the arrangements.thanks"

Her email is pamelaroxy83@yahoo.com

DEFFINANTLY A SCAMM! they always make you put thoes in saying it will go to deliver agency right away and they always want to hurry up and comntinue with the payment..
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 07 2012
01:32:58 PM
baby.girl Face Hugger Visit baby.girl's Photo Album USA 544 Posts
i almost went through all of this with a women who need to find a home for her two sugar glider and was giving them away.I asked her where she was she said indiana which is only 3 hours from me so i asked to make plans for me to pick them up and she said no that she wanted to shiped them do to she worked all the time.The price for shiping was 400 but she told me that i could only pay 125 and she take care of the rest but then i find another women who wanted sugar glider in she lived in indiana.I gave her the info and then the women told her a different story that she lived in cali instead of indiana.All this sucked cause here were two people going to help her and give a forever home to these little ones and she couldnt get her story right.
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 07 2012
05:39:27 PM
okusandman Face Hugger Visit okusandman's Photo Album 870 Posts
This was not a scam technicially but when I got my 3, I was only looking to get 2. The seller said he didn't want to leave another one he had alone so he asked me if I would take it for $25. He assured me they were all hand tamed but might nip when I woke them up. Well that was semi-accurate for the first two but the extra glider was pretty nasty in temperament (it's the one I refer to as Junkyard Dog). He finally admitted he had never held her. She is coming around but as I started with these for my daughter, it really put a damper on her excitement for her new pets.

So, I looked for a younger, tamer, little one to add to the mix and found a 4 month old listed as "handled from an early age" and "a little frightened but does not bite" - and the new one made Junkyard Dog look like one of the Chippettes.
Information
Jul 09 2012
10:40:17 PM
fox0r Face Hugger Gliderpedia Editor Visit fox0r's Photo Album USA 496 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by okusandman

So, I looked for a younger, tamer, little one to add to the mix and found a 4 month old listed as "handled from an early age" and "a little frightened but does not bite" - and the new one made Junkyard Dog look like one of the Chippettes.

Most breeders will state they don't guarantee temperament. Babies are being pulled from parents, moved to a new home, etc. It is very jarring for them, and it isn't unheard of for temperament to completely change.
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 09 2012
10:59:55 PM
okusandman Face Hugger Visit okusandman's Photo Album 870 Posts
Maybe that's it, but I thought if they were used to be being held it wasn't quite as bad as it turned out to be.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 28 2012
08:08:23 AM
sweetandsour79 Glider 135 Posts
How much are u asking for them my brother is looking for two he is in SC not sure if he has found any yet :)
Information
Sep 11 2012
07:50:07 PM
MARINE Glider Visit MARINE's Photo Album USA 111 Posts
Agreed

Edited by - MARINE on Sep 11 2012 07:52:25 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 11 2012
08:12:28 PM
SugahMommah Starting Member 3 Posts
I was almost scammed on my birthday by a person under the name "Gliders Lover". They could barely speak english, and refused to let me pick them up, insisting on shipping them. I told her I felt uncomfortable so she said she felt offended I didn't trust her and forget about it. I later found her e-mail under a scam list. She is also posting the same ad (with the Wikipedia picture for a sugar glider)on Craigslist under all different cities in all different states. So yeah. Here's the e-mail just incase. gliderslover@yahoo.com... There's also a FaceBook page I believe... -__-
SCAMS ABOUND
Previous | Next |
Page: of 5

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
SCAMS ABOUND