Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories
The dogs of my duck hunt.
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 27 2015
09:23:25 PM
Something just happened tonight that I would like to share with the public. A little backstory; we have had a little bit of a mouse problem in my home and I have been using non-kill traps just in case my gliders ever escaped and found their way to the traps.

I had just put my gliders back in their cage after playtime and went straight to my laptop. I saw a tail in the corner of my eye and noticed that a mouse was moving near the trap that has peanut butter inside. After a few moments the mouse gave up trying to get in the trap and moved towards my door. I whispered "I'll get you" and the mouse escaped under my door.

I pick up my phone and texted my gf telling her what had happened and then I heard the gliders barking. I finished the text telling her that the gliders probably see the mouse. I put down my phone and go into the glider room and guess who I see? That mouse that was previously in my room was hiding next to the cage while my gliders stare at me like I have five heads and nibble their corn.

I block the exits as I do with my gliders, quickly cornered the mouse, and placed a towel in front of it. I always see how cornered animals try to defend themselves by putting their back to the wall and bite/growl/hiss as something approaches them, this mouse did nothing but whimper and close its eyes expecting some sort of mercy from the predator approaching it. Luckily for the mouse; this predator isn't hunting for food or killing for fun. I circled the mouse with the towel as it jumped towards the center of the towel as I closed the towel like a knapsack, quickly brought the mouse out to the road, and released the mouse making sure it ran the opposite direction of my house.

Although my gliders couldn't retrieve the mouse like a dog would with a dead duck, they sure helped me capture it. They deserve a couple meal worms tonight.
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 27 2015
11:39:18 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
If a mouse gets into the cage at night trying to steal glider food - your gliders will most likely consider it fair game - and "lunch".

Don't be surprised if you find mouse parts one morning.
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 04 2015
04:18:48 PM
liski23 Glider Gliderpedia Editor Visit liski23's Photo Album liski23's Journal 80 Posts
haha
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 20 2016
05:26:49 PM
Kiamara1 Joey Visit Kiamara1's Photo Album 14 Posts
That happened to me!
My joeys were only 4 weeks oop when I found scattered remains and bloody dishes in my gliders cage. I raced to the pouch and starting pulling gliders out to find out who was had been ate, but everyone was accounted for. It was so grossweet to clean up but I was glad it wasn't one of my babies.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories