Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Can they get pregnant through cage bars?
Research Information
Apr 23 2023
10:01:45 AM
I'm just curious if sugar gliders can get pregnant through cage bars? We have a critter nation double cage that is divided in middle. Her floor is his roof and they have a small square they can get right next to one another. We kept them separate as not wanting to have Joey's.

Background.
She was neglected and traumatized by the original owners child. She was about 8 months old when we got her and its taken over a year to get her to be somewhat loving and not so skittish.

Here in the last 2 weeks she has totally changed her behavior. She no longer come running up to us. she crabs and lunges at us just walking by the cage. Runs around crabbing at anyone or anything. Put your hand in and she acts like she is going to tear you up but just barely nips at us. She still lets me love on her in the pouch but even then at first she tries attacking you when your hand gets close. Then realizes it's me and lets me pet her.

She has suddenly packed on some weight in the last week and eating more.

My wife swears she is probably pregnant but I just don't see how with the bars being between them. She is in the top section and he is in bottom. There is no way to mount her.

Research Information
Sep 11 2023
11:23:49 AM
SuggieSlave1991 Joey 18 Posts
Female sugar gliders can hold Fertilized eggs on the stasis up for a yea. So if she was caged with a male that was intact before, that's very well. She couldn't have got pregnant then. And she just now released the eggs and have the baby. She could have more than just one pregnancy too. But she needs to be housed with the dad. Dad helps raise the babies

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders