Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Advice on new gliders
Advice on new gliders
Question
Oct 03 2023
12:16:48 AM
So a bit of background. I have three gliders at my home right now in two separate cages. Lily had a colony mate until a month ago, he passed away. So I got two more glider friends for her, Harley (F)and Quinn (SM). They are still in the quarantine phase of their introduction. They went to the vet the other day to get the all clear as did Lily. They have seen each other and smelled one another and things seem to be going very well. However, my conundrum is that I don't know how to act with one of my gliders. With my first set of gliders, they never really wanted to spend time with me, Lily warmed up with snacks and tent time. However, Harley has taken to jumping on me. I have only had her a little over two weeks and unfortunately due to work scheduling I have not gotten as much time to spend with them. But that doesn't seem to matter to Harley who will jump on me if I am spot cleaning their cage or fixing a fallen toy. The problem lies that she will also bite me at random it seems. She will also escape the cage and if I don't catch her quickly she will run away and try to interact with Lily. I'm worried that Lily will try to bite her through the cage.
I've made sure not to have food remnants on my hands when I go in and I'm usually going in quietly. Am I overreacting? I need some advice on how to proceed. Is there any way to stop her from escaping? As a glider Mom I have accepted that I will get bitten but It is still spookey when she jumps on me when I know that she usually will bite if my fingers get too close. Has anyone else had a glider jump on them so early in the bonding process? I've never had these issues before with a gilder.
Advice on new gliders

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Advice on new gliders