Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
PetSmart Cages???
PetSmart Cages???
Health related
Nov 22 2009
06:36:31 PM
I saw this cage on Petsmart and wondered if it and some others were ok? i also noticed Petsmart sells those pellets that arent good for suggies!!

1.www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3402796

2.www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753641

and this is the link for all of their suggies stuff.

www.petsmart.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2767038&lmdn=Pet+Type&f=PAD%2FPet+Type+1%2FSugar+Glider&fbc=1&fbn=Pet+Type+1%7CSugar+Glider

sorry it so- long. idk y it is. lol. the cage selections they have are awesome. but not the ones for suggies they picked out. they are too small. for hamsters or rats.(made for) i like petsmart. i really do but, i wont shop there for suggie stuff
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 22 2009
06:40:34 PM
Mollysmom Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit Mollysmom's Photo Album MI, USA 2011 Posts
Have you looked at the cages on bird.com? I just ordered three of these:

http://www.bird.com/item/aviantelligence-tall-flight-cage-32x20x71/502915/

With shipping, they're about $168 right now. I have a feeling that I'm gonna be kicking myself that I didn't wait until after Christmas...maybe they'll have the free shipping then?
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 22 2009
06:48:27 PM
suggieluver02 Face Hugger GliderMap Visit suggieluver02's Photo Album suggieluver02's Journal 442 Posts
that cage looks awesome. im getting off topic for a sec here. but i have some pics of my suggie. and i wuz wondering.. how do u put pics on a thread?
Health related
Nov 22 2009
07:49:18 PM
Rita Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Rita's Photo Album Rita's Journal MO, USA 12214 Posts
Personally, I would never buy a glider cage at Petsmart or Petco. They are not large enough.
Information
Nov 22 2009
08:12:23 PM
Dahlia_2020 Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit Dahlia_2020's Photo Album SC, USA 1419 Posts
Sweetie, for the money you could buy a really nice cage from a wholesaler on eBay. I got my cage from jmexotics1 for $95 including the cost of shipping. Here's one of the auctions, but this individual always has the 30 x 18 x 55" cages available. Just male sure you get the one with ramps instead of perches.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=9&pub=5574686393&toolid=10001&campid=5336501225&customid=link&icep_uq=5+Level+Sugar+Glider+Cage+cage&icep_sellerId=&icep_ex_kw=&icep_sortBy=12&icep_catId=&icep_minPrice=&icep_maxPrice=&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg

You can also buy two of these cages from this individual for $150 if you like the idea of combining them to make a REALLY large flight cage for your gliders like Mollysmom has done for some of hers. But in all honesty you only need one if you don't plan on having more than three or four gliders.

Edited by - Dahlia_2020 on Nov 22 2009 08:24:05 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 22 2009
09:35:00 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Dahlia - there is a BIG difference in the Aviantelligence cage and the ones you are showing on E-bay.

The E-bay cage is light weight and does not have a sturdy frame. It has slide up doors that can be dangerous for gliders if they fall on a tail or neck. Gliders can also open them to escape if not tied shut.

The biggest problem is the largest slide up doors are TOO SMALL to put a stealth wheel into the light weight cage. Any wheel you put in these light weight cages will rattle the whole cage.

The Aviantelligence cage is a great cage with two large doors that make putting things into the cage including stealth wheels easy. The large doors also make cleaning the cage much easier than the slide up doors.

Size and price are not the only features to look for in a great glider cage.
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 22 2009
09:57:39 PM
CHoffman Joey Visit CHoffman's Photo Album 30 Posts
This is a GREAT cage off of ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Bird-ferret-chinchilla-sugar-glider-rat-cage-cages-3997_W0QQitemZ330378078273QQcategoryZ121854QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3907.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSIC%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%252BDDSIC%26otn%3D14%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63
Sold my jmexotics1 as well. This one is much sturdier and is GREAT cage for suggies. It's 189.00 with free shipping. Can't beat that. I was going to get this cage but got the deluxe hex instead.

The cheaper one that he sells is used often as well. I know several people that do have it and like it. I think it's a great alternative if you on a budget.

Edited by - CHoffman on Nov 22 2009 10:00:29 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 22 2009
09:58:31 PM
Dahlia_2020 Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit Dahlia_2020's Photo Album SC, USA 1419 Posts
Getting clips or zip-ties to fasten a door is not a problem. You can buy a pack of 20 at walmart for a $1.50. These doors are also extremely lightweight and would not cause any harm to a glider unless you purposely SLAMMED the darn thing down on the glider. I have a large Wodent wheel in my cage and zero problems with it rattling the entire cage. It's a well made cage for the money that many here have as an economic way of providing their gliders with a large flight cage. It was a suggestion, Candy, for those who may not have the money that it would cost to buy one of the heavier duty cages. But it is not in any way a detriment to a glider's health. If one has the money to buy the more expensive cage, then fine. But the other one is still a nice alternative for someone still wanting to provide a very large cage for their gliders.
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 22 2009
10:09:18 PM
fadedrainbows Face Hugger GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit fadedrainbows's Photo Album fadedrainbows's Journal USA 819 Posts
I also just want to say that I have that 5 level cage. It was the best I could afford. I have to put a little force to get the wodent wheel through, and have to do it diagonally, but it's not even an inconvenience. I have the base ziptied down so the wheel doesn't move and I don't have an issue with it rattling the cage either. If you can't afford a better cage, this one is great.
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 22 2009
10:35:03 PM
Exactly... With just a little bit of creative manuvering, I can also get my wodent wheel in. For me, I just ensemble all but the front panel, slide it in, then slide the front panel in and pop it on the rest of the wheel while it's in the cage. It takes me less than two minutes.

Pictures of my cage... The seller allows you to pick either white or black when you win one of his auctions.

Information
Nov 22 2009
10:38:52 PM
...and if you decide to get two, it's easy to connect them to create one VERY large flight cage that measures 18-60-55" for only $150.

Also, when I made my initial post, I was NOT referring to the cage that Mollysmom linked to. I didn't even see that post at first. I was referring to the links that suggieluver02 posted at the beginning of this thread on the cages she had found at petsmart.

Edited by - Dahlia_2020 on Nov 23 2009 01:35:30 AM
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 23 2009
08:03:52 AM
Mollysmom Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit Mollysmom's Photo Album MI, USA 2011 Posts
I have those cages right now. They were a great start for me. They weren't impossible to put the wodent wheels in. However, I'm looking at getting at least one of Bourbon's Custom Cruiser wheels in the near future, as well as at least one Stealth Wheel. I'm not going to do away with the Wodents, it's just that I want to try a few different types of wheels for my suggies.

I'm replacing mine simply because I've had them for quite awhile now, and I'm starting to see some chipping and rusting in spots. I don't want anyone to get sick! I talked with my husband yesterday, and we decided that it was time to bite the bullet and get the new cages. I'm just hoping that we can find a way to put the two Avian Intelligence cages together in the manner we have the Excels right now. If not, we'll work something else out! :-)
Health related
Nov 23 2009
10:09:55 AM
THEHYLAND Zippy Glidershorts GliderMap Visit THEHYLAND's Photo Album FL, USA 4774 Posts
There is a couple of good postings of cages hear. I aggree with Rita, to small and to pricey. I bet you could find a bigger one for less money.
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 23 2009
11:09:00 AM
filly47 Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit filly47's Photo Album USA 2330 Posts
I have a quick question-I can't find platforms/ledges anywhere, and really want to get a few to deck out my cage. I want the wire type, and all I have is a small corner one a friend gave me. Where do you find these (or how could I make one), and are they relatively inexpensive? Thanks so much guys!
Health related
Nov 23 2009
11:41:14 AM
quote:
Originally posted by filly47

I have a quick question-I can't find platforms/ledges anywhere, and really want to get a few to deck out my cage. I want the wire type, and all I have is a small corner one a friend gave me. Where do you find these (or how could I make one), and are they relatively inexpensive? Thanks so much guys!

I found some, actually at PetSmart that I had used in the big hex cage that tballetoes got with the three girls that I rehomed with her (and their new sister, Sassy!). They're not huge, though.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2754305&lmdn=Bird
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2755100&lmdn=Bird

I could make you some fleece hammock type ledges, but they're soft. I am guessing that you're looking for something that's firm?

PetSmart Cages???

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
PetSmart Cages???