Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Is this a good sugar glider cage?
Question
Jun 05 2012
02:43:25 PM
I have been looking for cage for my sugar glider and his friend whenever she arrives, and I was wondering if this would be okay for two, possibly 3 or 4, suggies? I will probably take out the very top ladder and make room for fleece ropes, bridges and stuff like that.

5-level-Sugar-Glider-Cage

Thanks!
Question
Jun 05 2012
02:50:51 PM
DoubleBogey Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit DoubleBogey's Photo Album USA 1244 Posts
I have one of those cages in my garage. It definitely sufficed but I ended up hating it before it was over. I didn't think it was made all that well and the guillotine doors slammed shut while my arm was in there and made me think I was going to accidentally drop it on a glider one day.

BUT, like I said - definitely sufficed. I just got very particular over time.
Question
Jun 05 2012
02:52:22 PM
Oh, and not a bad price and I can tell you - I would have liked mine a bunch better had it been on a stand. Mine came on wheels. It was a pain to have to get on the floor for anything in the lower part of the cage. I think the suggies will like it up high too.

One other thought - mine was made by a different company so I could have just gotten one that was not well made. After I bought it, there were more negative reviews that came to light on the seller..not necessarily the cage. So, I probably just bought mine from the wrong place.

Edited by - DoubleBogey on Jun 05 2012 02:54:12 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 05 2012
02:53:34 PM
Dragonlake Joey USA 16 Posts
This one is actually more different than the fact that it was on a stand, it come's with more stuff and supposedly "better wiring" But I don't know I haven't purchased the cage yet.

Thanks DB. :D
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 05 2012
02:55:54 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
That is a lightweight flimsy cage that will rattle when your gliders jump around. The doors are too small and you will not be able to put a safe glider wheel (stealth, raptor or fasttrack) into the cage.

It does not have a removable bottom grate which makes the cage difficult to clean.

Look for a cage that has 1/2 inch (or less) wire spacing. A sturdy frame around the side of each panel will reduce noise. Large swing out doors make cage cleaning, putting in a wheel and decorating the cage much easier. A removable bottom grate will help keep your cage clean. The bottom grate and cage pan need more frequent cleaning than the rest of the cage. You can clean a bottom grate or cage pan outside with a hose or in a shower with hot water.

Any of these cages would be good for your gliders.

http://www.sugar-gliders.com/sturdy-cage.htm

http://www.exoticnutrition.com/masuglca.html

http://www.sugar-gliders.com/sturdy-cage-large.htm
Question
Jun 05 2012
03:06:01 PM
prettyinpink5808 Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit prettyinpink5808's Photo Album 1223 Posts
if you want an even cheaper cage that is GREAT quality go for this one. I always recommend, I've had this cage for over a year with no problems. I do have to put the wheel through the bottom which can be a pain but its not an issue. Its very big for the price and VERY sturdy!!

Prevue-Products-Wrought-F040-31-Inch/dp/B00176F5L0

older pic, set up much different now but that is what the cage looks like

EDIT* - Also very easy to put together!!

Edited by - prettyinpink5808 on Jun 05 2012 03:07:29 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 05 2012
03:09:25 PM
Seems good, if I can't find any other good cages for a budget that fits me than I'll probably end up getting that one, it looks very well for a cage that cheap. :O
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 05 2012
03:12:25 PM
What's your budget? I will take a look around too if you want.
Question
Jun 05 2012
03:20:16 PM
sierranevadaK Face Hugger Visit sierranevadaK's Photo Album sierranevadaK's Journal USA 804 Posts
I have this EXACT same Prevue cage and I'm in love with it! It's easy to put together, clean, and you have easy access around the cage since there are six little doors and two big ones.

When I bought it, it was 129.99, but it got lowered to 119, and then to 109. I'm not sure what it is now, but it's a great cage with lots of room!
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 05 2012
03:42:39 PM
prettyinpink5808 Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit prettyinpink5808's Photo Album 1223 Posts
not sure why its so cheap, maybe its a discontinued cage and will not be made anymore?

* its not a bad thing haha

Edited by - prettyinpink5808 on Jun 05 2012 03:43:01 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 05 2012
04:08:36 PM
sierranevadaK Face Hugger Visit sierranevadaK's Photo Album sierranevadaK's Journal USA 804 Posts
Nah, Amazon just keeps raising and lowering the price. Before I bought it, it was 119. Then, the day I decided to buy it, it was 129. Amazon likes to mess with prices.
Question
Jun 05 2012
05:09:38 PM
piratektty Super Glider Visit piratektty's Photo Album USA 219 Posts
http://valuecrate.com/pcft32n.html

This is the cage I have. The door is big enough to get a glider safe wheel in (i have a raptor) and it is very sturdy. You have to zip tie the guillotine doors though. So far it has been a great starter cage for me, but i'm planning on getting a taller cage in the future.

Edited by - piratektty on Jun 05 2012 05:14:07 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 05 2012
05:19:31 PM
Lilly Glider Gliderpedia Editor Visit Lilly's Photo Album USA 129 Posts
I have that cage. It was kindof hard to get together. The wires are really flimsy, and some were bent. Otherwise its a good size for the price
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 05 2012
06:41:02 PM
I think I might get the Flight cage, it looks amazing! :D But my budget is around $145 if you'd still like to look around for me, it's very appreciated. c:
Question
Jun 05 2012
06:49:56 PM
Here's another picture of the flight cage for your viewing pleasure :) you might see the little plat forms, the cage doesn't have platforms i had to add those in from another cage.

Default, miscellaneous
Jun 05 2012
10:31:32 PM
Thanks so much! If you wanna add more pictures, go ahead. I love looking at that cage, I don't even know why. I'm pretty sure I will be getting that one. C:
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 06 2012
02:15:54 AM
case2552 Glider Visit case2552's Photo Album IN, USA 56 Posts
I've been looking around for a new cage for my glider too and the flight cage looks awesome! :) thanks for the post pretty in pink ^^
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 06 2012
08:41:34 AM
Yeah, thank you. :)
Question
Jun 07 2012
10:32:59 AM
FlippyMar Starting Member Visit FlippyMar's Photo Album 3 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Looks like I'm ordering this one as well. I can't wait to get the rugrats in it!
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 07 2012
12:01:40 PM
Everyone's in love with that cage! Haha all thanks to you, Pinky . :)
Question
Jun 07 2012
12:12:25 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dragonlake</i>
<br />Everyone's in love with that cage! Haha all thanks to you, Pinky . :)

Ohhh pish posh its no problem ^_^
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 07 2012
12:15:08 PM
I'm also waiting for this cage to come back into stock!

http://www.thelashop.com/30x18x69-in-cockatiel-parrot-bird-cage-stand-black.html

The lovely Jazz linked it a little while back, ever since I've been waiting for it to come back!!
Question
Jun 07 2012
12:20:17 PM
Omis n Kais g-ma Pouch Protector Visit Omis n Kais g-ma's Photo Album TX, USA 7524 Posts
We have the first one for the gliders and the last for our birds. Nice roomy cages. The very first at the top looks quite flimsy<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Candy</i>
<br />That is a lightweight flimsy cage that will rattle when your gliders jump around. The doors are too small and you will not be able to put a safe glider wheel (stealth, raptor or fasttrack) into the cage.

It does not have a removable bottom grate which makes the cage difficult to clean.

Look for a cage that has 1/2 inch (or less) wire spacing. A sturdy frame around the side of each panel will reduce noise. Large swing out doors make cage cleaning, putting in a wheel and decorating the cage much easier. A removable bottom grate will help keep your cage clean. The bottom grate and cage pan need more frequent cleaning than the rest of the cage. You can clean a bottom grate or cage pan outside with a hose or in a shower with hot water.

Any of these cages would be good for your gliders.

http://www.sugar-gliders.com/sturdy-cage.htm

http://www.exoticnutrition.com/masuglca.html

http://www.sugar-gliders.com/sturdy-cage-large.htm
Question
Jun 12 2012
02:09:47 PM
FlippyMar Starting Member Visit FlippyMar's Photo Album 3 Posts

I just got my rugrat's new cage yesterday. It took me about two hours to put together myself and only one scratch on my leg.

Only issue is the side doors are spring action, so I ziptied them close.
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 12 2012
03:11:46 PM
Kelly Thompson banned by Eric GliderMap Visit Kelly Thompson's Photo Album NC, USA 417 Posts
I have the cage you originally said you may get, it's a good starter cage but after having it for about a year now were looking to upgrade to a sturdier cage that won't rattle and shake so badly. We also have the stealth wheels and my boyfriend had the spend the night we got them taking the sides of the cage off, putting the wheels in and then re-attaching them. We haven't had any issues with cleaning we simply take the entire thing outside and pressure wash them, leaving the wheel inside and pressure washing it too. Its much easier then dismantling it each time the wheel needs to be cleaned!

Good luck on your search.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders