Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Names
Names
Question
Jan 04 2013
09:17:35 PM
Does anybody have any name suggestions for a MALE glider? This will help out a lot because I might be getting a male sugar glider next month. Here's a picture of the little guy.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 04 2013
09:27:10 PM
julieee9473 Super Glider Visit julieee9473's Photo Album USA 323 Posts
Oh my goodness, he's so cute! My little one says to name him Henry. =P

Boy names I like: Jasper, Blake, Hunter, Asher, Oliver, Caine, Soren, Nolan, Atticus, Zane, Joey (haha get it), Gizmo, Merlin, Tazz, Tucker, Bandit, Kane, ..... I'm out of ideas. =P
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 04 2013
09:31:01 PM
GliderLove94 Fuzzy Wuzzy Gliderpedia Editor Visit GliderLove94's Photo Album GliderLove94's Journal 1153 Posts
He's really cute. Now would be a good time to gather what he needs and to look into more information about them.

I'm not good with names at all,but here goes:

Oscar, Sam, Scrappy, Little Foot, Snoopy, Alex, Eli, Cayden, Aladdin, Marley, Rocky, Teddy, Beau, Snicker,
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 04 2013
09:32:32 PM
Otterun Super Glider Visit Otterun's Photo Album USA 232 Posts
Naming can be difficult. Personally, I like to observe my pets first and then try to think up a name that fits their personalities. You can't pick the first name that pops into your head, mind you; had I done that with my sugar gliders, they both would have been named "Spiderman." :P

This site is very helpful to me whenever I need to think up a name: 20000-names.com .
It helps you select names based on cultures, countries, and tons of other categories like fictional characters or colors. It's also nice because it tells you what the name means. If you wanted to search for a name that reflects your glider's white color, for example, you get things like this:

MALE:

AILPEIN: Old Gaelic name, possibly of Pictish origin, meaning "white."
ALBAIN: Perhaps a French form of Gaelic Ailpein, meaning "white."
ALBAN: English name derived from Latin Albanus, meaning "like Albus," i.e. "white."
ALBANUS: Latin family name meaning "like Albus," i.e. "white." It is related to the place name Alba which comes from the Celtic word Albion, used to refer to the whole island of Great Britain.
ALBERT: Anglicized masculine form of Irish Gaelic unisex Ailbhe, meaning "white." Compare with other forms of Albert.
ALBIN: English name derived from Latin Albinus, meaning "like Albus," i.e. "white."
ALBINIUS: Gallo-Roman form of Latin Albinus, meaning "like Albus," i.e. "white."
ALBINUS: Variant spelling of Roman Latin Albanus, meaning "like Albus," i.e. "white."
ALBUS: Latin name derived from the word albus, meaning "white, pale-skinned."
ALBY: Pet form of English Alban, meaning "like Albus," i.e. "white."
ALPIN: Scottish Anglicized form of Gaelic Ailpein, possibly meaning "white."

... And the list goes on.

I just think it's really neat. Try the color page out to get brainstorming: Error, missing URL. m

Edited by - Otterun on Jan 04 2013 09:34:33 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 04 2013
10:23:58 PM
ALCauffman Super Glider Visit ALCauffman's Photo Album ALCauffman's Journal 212 Posts
Bridin (means little exalted one!) How adorable!
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 04 2013
11:49:56 PM
DoodlesMommy Glider Visit DoodlesMommy's Photo Album TX, USA 136 Posts
Diesel, Rocket, Bullet :)
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 05 2013
06:43:25 AM
scrat99 Joey Visit scrat99's Photo Album 14 Posts
I like those names! That helps out a lot.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 06 2013
10:17:52 PM
eva752 Joey 44 Posts
Name him klyde. :)
Names

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Names