Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Where do you put your food bowls?
Food, Diet
Jul 13 2013
06:23:30 AM
I had a hanging tray but took it down because it took too much room. Do you have your food bowls high up in the cage or where do you have them?
Food, Diet
Jul 13 2013
10:31:51 AM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
I put my glider's plate on the floor of the cage, in the middle so it is not under any of their shelves or wheels. I have colonies of 3 to 6 gliders and they all share a divided baby plate. The bottom of the cage allows them all to eat at once if they choose to. Most of them grab a piece of fruit or chunk of the veggie for the night and carry it to their favorite spot in the cage to munch on.
Food, Diet
Jul 13 2013
10:35:38 AM
Lucille Super Glider 238 Posts
Thank you, that makes sense. I put the tray on the floor of the cage and put their food dishes on it, as you suggested not under anything.
Food, Diet
Jul 13 2013
12:42:32 PM
Glider_momma511 Glider GliderMap Visit Glider_momma511's Photo Album 64 Posts
I tried putting mine up high, and they knocked it down to the bottom by the end of the night anyways
Food, Diet
Jul 13 2013
04:16:55 PM
THEHYLAND Zippy Glidershorts GliderMap Visit THEHYLAND's Photo Album FL, USA 4774 Posts
I put them in the kitchen. Pretty much keeps the mess down to a min.

Food, Diet
Jul 13 2013
11:27:36 PM
Sugar6912 Glider Visit Sugar6912's Photo Album 135 Posts
THEHYLAND, Did you make that one yourself? How did you get the circle perfectly round? What tool did you use? Also, is it sharp around the inside of the circle?
Food, Diet
Jul 14 2013
01:46:57 AM
Minnesota Zoo Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Minnesota Zoo's Photo Album USA 1999 Posts
I use kitchens as well and I did have DH make one from a rubbermaid contaier but I switched to pet igloos with tupperware type lids for the floors.
is the big kitchen

is the small kitchen

most of the mess is contained and they play on the tops of them also.
Food, Diet
Jul 14 2013
02:49:50 AM
I had a kitchen but it was too small after I added a third food bowl. I think the igloo is a great idea, but I found when I just put the bowls on a tray that it is adequate for now. The two gliders I have do not seem to be particularly messy. I remember from having gliders some years ago, that some of them were much messier while eating than these two seem to be. if they change, I'm using the igloo over the tray.
Food, Diet
Jul 14 2013
02:58:59 AM
Minnesota Zoo Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Minnesota Zoo's Photo Album USA 1999 Posts
Plus I like that the igloos keep the poop and potty out of their food dishes when they are playing on the toys/swings at the top of their cage and it gives them more "floor" playing space. They do hang out on top of them quite a bit I put toys and their chew sticks and occasional hibiscus flowers for them to eat/destroy there for them too.
Food, Diet
Jul 14 2013
03:06:43 AM
I love the cute rubber ducky toys.
Food, Diet
Jul 14 2013
10:32:50 AM
alohaglider Super Glider GliderMap Visit alohaglider's Photo Album alohaglider's Journal NV, USA 248 Posts
I keep my food dishes in their cafeterias and keep them on shelves that I've put up high in the cage. They love them and it keeps down the messes too.
Food, Diet
Jul 15 2013
04:41:20 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
I place diner with bowl of fruit & veggies (solid portion of diet) on the floor (seen lower left side on floor) to contain mess.
[/URL]

I place the HPW (liquid portion of diet) in hanging feeder (seen in upper left side).

[/URL]

I place treats or pellets around in various hides & forage toys.
Food, Diet
Jul 15 2013
05:04:10 PM
Your cage is beautiful!!!
Food, Diet
Jul 16 2013
04:33:47 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
Thanks Lucille, if you mean mine.
Food, Diet
Jul 16 2013
04:57:37 PM
Yes, yours. The colors are vivid and the setup is beautiful.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders