Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Polls, Votes & Questionnaires
EXPERIENCED SUGGIE HANDLER PLEASE ANSWER.
Rescue
Jan 13 2024
09:54:39 AM
I was gifted my suggie (Dizzy) about 5 days ago. His previous owner told me to feed him pellets from pet co. (Vita Smart Wholesome Nutrition.)

I noticed my baby had diarrhea amongst my research I figured it could be because of his diet and I switched him over to BML. 2 days on BML and he has not had diarrhea!

However, in the morning when I wake up I give him his Mealworms and he is just acting starving so I had read somewhere on here that you can throw some pellets in there during the day. Yesterday I gave him maybe 2 teaspoons of it because I wanted him to eat dinner, but he finished ALL the pellets.

So my question would be, is this alarming? Or is it normal for suggies to eat pellets in addition to the BML diet? I just don't want him to be hungry
:(

His current weight is 88g
Rescue
Jan 17 2024
01:24:59 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
dont know about BML, but that it is considered a good diet. at 88 grams I would NOT worry about over feeding him at this time. Also, my gliders eat live mealworms
like its the best thing they have ever had to eat. jump, grab, and gobble down.
but I would switch to happy glider pellets. they come first from pet-pro and
several companies repackage and resell.
mine tend to lick the coating off the happy glider and not eat the pellets as much so I give a few with dinner as a treat. I used to just put in a bowl and
refill as needed.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Polls, Votes & Questionnaires